About the Recipe
This is the easiest chocolate mousse you'll ever make. It's 100% vegan, packed with protein, and made with the most versatile of ingredients... tofu!
Chocolate mousse is usually made with cream, eggs and butter. We've subbed in silken tofu, which releases 87% less CO2 equivalents than these three ingredients. It's equivalent to saving 4.9 miles driven in a car.
You can find silken tofu in the dried foods aisle of your supermarket.
You'll need a blender for this recipe and it's ready in minutes. Whip up this easy dessert or sweet treat ahead of time using just four ingredients from your pantry.
100g dark chocolate
350g silken tofu
2 tbsp (15ml) maple syrup
½ tsp (2.5ml) vanilla extract
How to make the recipe
1. Take a square or two from your chocolate bar. Set it aside to shave on top of your mousse later.
2. Break up the remaining chocolate and melt it. Do this in the microwave over 30-second intervals, so as not to burn the chocolate.
3. Drain the liquid from your tofu. Add the tofu to your blender - you can break it up slightly with clean hands as you add it.
4. Pour the maple syrup and vanilla extract into the blender with the tofu. Blend the ingredients together until super smooth.
5. Pour the melted chocolate into the tofu mixture. Blend once again to combine the ingredients.
6. Dish the mixture into ramekins or small glasses. You can eat the mousse right away, or refrigerate for at least 2 hours for a firmer texture.
7. Shave or grate the remaining chocolate on top of the mousse before serving.