About the Recipe
Our cinnamon, apple & maple flapjack recipe will warm your cockles over autumn and winter.
Seasonal apples, locally grown oats, and plant-based butter keep the carbon footprint of this recipe low.
This dairy-free flapjack is a a quick and easy, low carbon snack.
1tsp ground cinnamon
125g plant-based butter
125g brown sugar
80ml maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
300g porridge oats
A pinch of salt
How to make the recipe
1. Pre-heat the oven to 170c. Line a baking tin - a 20cm x 20cm tin is ideal here.
2. Coarsely grate the apple. There's no need to peel it.
3. Add the sunflower spread, sugar, maple syrup, ground cinnamon and vanilla extract to a large saucepan. Gently heat the pan and stir the ingredients until the butter melts and sugar dissolves.
4. Tip the porridge oats and grated apple into the large pan. Stir to combine all the ingredients.
5. Pour the mixture into the lined baking tin. Push the mixture down firmly and into the corners with the back of your spoon.
6. Put the baking tray in the oven and bake for 30 mins. Your flapjack should be golden brown at the edges.
7. Leave the oats to cool completely, in the tin, before cutting. This helps the oats keep their shape for easy snack bars later.